Coursework Instructions : You MUST choose a question below which you HAVE
NOT attempted or submitted for assessment before.
Provide a 1000 word case study on one of the following:-
With reference to the mode of action (including a schematic diagram) and its role in engine management discuss the proposal that the Lambda Sensor in a petrol engine represents analytical science at its best in a harsh environment and with high performance demands. (Note that in the past this question has been poorly answered because students tended to put too much into the theory and technoilogy and not enough on the analytical philosopy)
Any diagrams used must not be cut and pasted from other sources. They MUST be either redrawn
by hand and scanned in or drawn using an electronic drawing tool. Any directly lifted
diagrams will be ignored for the purpose of assessment.
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
Module: 207BMS Analytical Science in Industry
What you need to submit………….
You must submit an ELECTRONIC COPY (via the Turnitin link on the 207bms Moodle site).
? All Coventry University students are required to submit an attempt for all summative
items of assessed coursework.
? If you fail to submit an attempt at this assessment you will not be entitled to resit this
assessment at a future date.
? Any submission received after the due date (unless accompanied by an approved deferral
or extension form) will not be marked and will receive a ZERO mark – however you may
be entitled to resit this assessment in future.
Marks will be awarded for the quality of your report as follows:
- Content The extent to which the work effectively addresses the
requested issue(s), including compliance with guidelines on
length and the appropriateness of the content
- Evidence The extent to which claims in the report are supported by
relevant and appropriate evidence (published research and/or
reputable reports) and/or theoretical argument. 25 Marks
- Argument The extent to which there is a convincing line of argument
running through the work 25 Marks
- Coherence The extent to which each statement follows from previous
statements, producing a coherent structure overall
TOTAL 100 Marks
Specific help available
- A series of PDF files relevant to this CW can be found on Moodle under the Online
- The issues surrounding the questions will be discussed in class and can also be on an
individual tutorial basis during feedback sessions (see below).
- General Feedback can be given on a first draft of the CW provided it is sent to me by Email
in good time.