2. Answer each of the 3 questions that are asked in that section.
3. Write comment on a classmate?s response.
Below is classmate?s work that you need to write a response.
1. What is the likely cause of this food borne illness outbreak?
It could be caused by an outbreak of Escherichia coli or Salmonella from raw beef defrosted at room temperature.
2. In what ways did the cook contribute to this situation?
The cook contributed to this situation by defrosting the beef at room temperature. Also, she was dividing the ground beef with her bare hands. She didn?t wash her
hands after touching the meat before touching anything else. She used the same knife and cutting board for the salad and the fruit salad.
3. How could this outbreak have been prevented?
The cook should have defrosted the beef in the refrigerator. She should have also worn gloves to divide the ground beef not use her bare hands. She should have washed
her hands after touching the meat before touching anything else. She should have used a different knife and cutting board for the salad and the fruit salad. All these
extra steps would have possibly prevented the outbreak.