Tai Chi/comparing concepts
• Identify the concept and purpose for studying the concept and relevance to nursing practice.
• Conduct a preliminary literature review to identify multiple uses of the concept.
• Describe the various usages of the term.
• Determine the critical attributes of the concept.
• Create a theoretical and operational definition of the concept.
Read the following two resources located in the Kaplan University Writing Center:
• Using facts, examples, and definitions
• Paragraph development
Pay particular attention to the section on rhetorical modes for developing paragraphs because this is where you will learn how to describe and explain a concept to patients in effective and
To complete this Assignment, you will write a fully developed paragraph (at least five sentences in length) on each definition/use/interpretation of the term you have chosen. For those
definitions or uses that pertain to the nursing profession, you will explain the concept in such a way that includes examples, analogies, and self-explanatory descriptions.
• You may choose to apply your Unit 3 concept to your Unit 9 Assignment (final assignment), or you may select another single word (concept) that you have wondered about or discovered in
• The Unit 9 Assignment is independent of the Unit 3 Assignment with the focus solely upon the discipline of nursing with the inclusion of nursing scholarly sources to substantiate the literature
• You will use at least seven sources for your research on this Assignment. Cite all your references in correct APA format, both in the text and on a reference page. Refer to the APA resources in
the KU Writing Center. Use your Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association so that you can cite from some of the non-traditional sources you find.
• Your Assignment will be 3–5 pages including a title page and references page.