Topic: Tell your own story of modern china history
• The essay will be 10 paragraphs and each paragraph should be 5-7 sentences
• The essay will be until 8. Korean War 1953
• Summary of each timeline in your own way.
• You should cover the most important theme that you think of each timeline.
• Write the main important things that happened at each timeline in your own way.
• Make sure that each paragraph is related to the next one as timeline move on (link timeline together)
• You can write a little about, Why China fell down when they trying to stand up and they try again to stand up? (Maximum 3 sentences)
• You can write a little about, World War 1 impact on China history(maximum 3 sentences)
• Use simple language and vocabulary.
Resource: Schoppa, R. Keith. The Columbia Guide to Modern Chinese History. ISBN 9780231112765
Paragraph 1: introduction
Overall define your opinion about modern china history 1839-1953. Make your decision in what way you understand and will tell the story.
1. 1839-1842: Opium War; Treaty of Nanjing; Beginning of Unequal Treaty System
2. 1894-1895: 1st Sino-Japanese War; Treaty of Shimonoseki
3. 1911-1912: Revolution; Republic of China established
4. 1919-1931: May 4th movement; Founding of CCP; White Terror & 5-Exterminations
5. 1926-1928: Northern Expedition re-unifies China
6. 1931-1945: Manchurian Incident; 2nd Sino-Japanese War
7. 1945-1949: Civil War between communists and nationalists; People’s Republic established
8. 1950-1953: Korean War
Paragraph 10: conclusion