- Begin your paper with an overview or summary of the specific health issue discussed in the case study. Write this out in narrative form. You cannot use bullet or outline format. I expect a written narrative summary. Discuss the particular health issue, how it develops, its impact on individuals, common treatments modalities, and its impact on the country’s health and economy.
Use proper APA formatting for this paper. You are expected to provide citations and references Case Study: Eradicating Smallpox
Questions to answer:
1. Define eradication, extinction, elimination, and control.
2. Describe the characteristics of smallpox that made it an appropriate candidate for eradication.
3. Should a measles eradication program be initiated? Why or why not?
4. If polio is eradicated, should we destroy all poliovirus samples? Why or why not?
5. In 1965, why didn’t the World Health Organization immediately undertake a full-scale eradication program after endorsement by the World Health Assembly?