Science in the Preschool Curriculum Framework, Vol 3.
1. Read Chapter 3 Science in the Preschool Curriculum Framework, Vol 3. FROM THE LINK ABOVE. DO NOT NEED ADD ANY SOURCES PLease!
2. Take notes and reflect on the reading.
3. Answer the following questions in your writing. (These are all taken from the Questions for Reflections sections in the chapter.)
• How will you incorporate practices of scientific inquiry (e.g., observing, predicting, comparing, and measuring) to engage children in learning about topics typically in your curriculum (e.g., autumn, fruits and vegetables, rocks)?
• What is a current topic of interest of your group? How can you help them explore it directly through hands-on observations and investigations? What questions would you like them to think about?
• How can you facilitate the development of children’s math and language skills while interacting with objects and materials? How can you use these opportunities as a vehicle to support children who are English learners?
• How do you use the outdoors for engaging children in explorations of plants and animals? What could you add or change in the way you use the outdoors to enhance your life science curriculum? How will you bring living things inside as well?
• What opportunities do you provide to encourage children to collect, explore, compare, and sort earth materials?
• How can you engage families in participating in your group’s observations and investigations?