Marks QUESTIONS You should note that although the following questions are based on the stimulus material, it does not contain all the information needed to provide
suitable answers to all the questions. You will need to make use of knowledge you have acquired whilst studying the course. Answer all the questions. This question has
been removed due to copyright issues.
2. Describe possible methods of growth for a public limited company.
3. Describe ways an organisation could encourage positive employee relations.
4. Discuss methods of grouping which could be used by a multi-national organisation.
5. Distinguish between the following:
(a) Primary information and secondary information
(b) Qualitative information and quantitative information.
6. Discuss quality management techniques that an organisation could use.
7. Describe financial information that potential shareholders could use to decide whether or not to invest in a company.
8. Explain the role of a manager in effective decision making.
Answer TWO questions 1. (a)
(i) Compare job production with flow production.
(ii) Describe the main features of batch production.
(b) Explain the considerations an organisation would take into account before choosing a supplier. (c) Discuss the use of
external sources of recruitment. (d) Distinguish between a tactical decision and an operational decision. (e) Describe possible
sources of finance for a partnership looking to expand its activities. 2. (a) (i) Justify the use of loss leaders as a pricing
tactic. (ii) Describe methods a public relations department could use to improve the image of an organisation.
(b) Explain the impact of industrial action on an organisation.
(c) Describe reasons for an organisation making use of an assessment centre as part of the selection process.
(d) Explain internal constraints that make decision making difficult.
(e) Describe the role of the finance department in meeting the expectations of HMRC (Inland Revenue).
(f) Describe factors that influence the formal structure of an organisation.
(a) Describe the use of ICT in a stock control system.
(b) Explain the benefits of outsourcing for an organisation.
(c) Distinguish between product orientation and market orientation.
(d) Describe 5 extension strategies that could be used to extend a product’s life-cycle.
(e) Describe the limitations of ratio analysis when making financial decisions.
(f) Explain the purpose of a SWOT analysis.