These questions need to be answered in detail not just brief answers. There needs to be detailed neuroscience explanation to the answers. You may use sources outside of your text book. I have attached a PowerPoint slide to go along with the text but it is not the full answers. There is also an extra ADHD file attached to help with one of the questions.
Text: Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience 8th edition by Carlson.
CHAPTER EIGHT QUESTIONS.
1. Describe the EEG patterns and what they represent about cortical activity during wakefulness and the stages of sleep and REM sleep.
2. What brain structures are involved in REM sleep including structures that inhibit motor movement?
3. Why is it unlikely that one could act out their dreams unless they had REM behavior disorder?
4. Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder is characterized by a high proportion of theta waves during wakefulness. What does this indicate? Refer to the extra reading for this.
5. Describe the roles of each of the following neurotransmitters on both sleep and arousal. Discuss neural pathways involved:
6. Why do antihistamines produce drowsiness? Be specific and describe the neural structure and its effects on brainstem arousal centers.
7. What is hypocretin (an orexin) and how does it contribute to sleep regulation?
8. What brain structure serves as your biological clock? How does it do this and what effects would lesions have on this structure?