intelligent system(software engineering degree)
This assignment requires you to write a technical report on a classification dataset of your choice. You should first give a background literature review on the topic of the dataset, you should then provide a design of the neural network used including justifications of design choices. You should comment on how well the network performed and cite the performance data such as the classification accuracy, confusion matrixes and performance under noise.
1. Background literature review
Your background literature review should explain the topic of choice and explore the problem in detail. The literature review should explain the input values, the classifications and any other important information about the problem. You should also consider if any other research has attempted to solve this problem before and compare your results with those.
2. Neural Network design choices
In this section you should explain the various design choices available to you for training your neural network. Such choices might include: Network architecture, hidden layer depth, the number of processing elements per layer, the use of genetic optimisation on: input space/No. of processing elements/learning rate/momentum. Your design should be informed by research wherever possible (cite references to relevant work) and should be critical. For example, consider the costs and benefits of certain design choices. Be careful to define and explain all terms.
3. Neural network performance
In this section you should present performance data obtained from the network including the time taken to learn, the classification accuracy of the network, the confusion matrixes values, the performance of the network under noisy conditions and the variability of the result.
You will need to find an appropriate dataset to use, there are various data sets at the UCL machine learning repository http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/
Please select ONE topic from the list below:
1. Analysing the link between abstract ethical theories and their practical implementation within information systems.
2. Critically assessing the practical role played by the various Codes of Conduct and Practice applicable to management within the information systems.
3. Evaluate the decisions necessary for management in the current employment of information systems personnel to ensure that a balance is struck between legal and ethical treatment within the workplace.
4. The employment of information systems personnel will often lead to management having to cater for specific professional considerations relating to acceptable use policies in the management of data and the use of social networking facilities at work. Discuss the methods by which management can ensure that it complies with the various professional, legal and ethical rules associated with this role.
5. The increasing migration of information systems environments towards the use of Cloud computing necessitates specific management approaches towards ensuring that organisations are complying with the needs of individuals within the current computing environment. Suggest some of the more difficult considerations in this area and critically consider the manner in which appropriate management may be achieved.
6. In December 2011 it was revealed in an Australian survey that 12% of employers have reported rejecting job applicants based on findings on the applicant’s Face-book and / or Twitter postings, with inappropriate photographs and discriminatory comments being the most prevalent distracters. Critically consider the professional and ethical impact of this practise in which more than a quarter of Australian employers are using social networking sites to screen job candidates, with half of such employers admitting to having rejected potential employees based upon postings found on Face-book and / or Twitter sites.
7. You may choose an alternative topic area (selected form the BCO6003 teaching programme) but the suitability of this research area must be discussed prior to you commencing your research into your chosen area.