This case study represents one choice that you have for the completion of the final assignment due in this course. Please refer to the assignment guidelines document for further details on this assignment. After reading the case below, please answer the following questions in your case study submission. Note that this case relates to material covered under Topics 4, 7, and 8.
Please keep in mind that this is an extensive term paper worth 20 percent of your overall grade. The expectation is a formal case report, please see the general assignment guidelines.
1. What actions can Dick take immediately to help the Mountainview situation?
2. What is needed from GM’s suppliers to enable the OTD initiative to become a reality?
3. Do you think the Mountainview situation is representative of GM’s supply chain, and other automotive supply chains in general? Is it also representative of supply chains in other industries as well? What are the implications for B2B E-commerce and supply chain management practices in general?
4. What must GM be able to do in general across all of its internal functional to enable OTD to become a reality (i.e. in sales, order entry, dealer offerings, production, logistics, and supply?)
5. Define the properties of a possible software solution that may enable GM to implement OTD. How would GM implement such a system?