- The introduction should be one paragraph.
- Explain the scope of your paper and set up the topics you will cover. Everything covered in your paper should relate back to the introduction/thesis statement.
- Draw from what you learned in the Week Two thesis statement identification assignment to help you craft your own thesis statement.
- Review your instructor’s feedback on your thesis statement from your Week Three “Summarize Your Sources for the Final Research Paper” assignment.
- See resources from the Ashford Writing Center on Moving from Prompt to Thesis and Introductions and Conclusions.