Creating an E-Business System Report
Examining an existing company’s e-business system can often allow you to learn what to do and not do when designing an e-business system for a new company. Some of the components of an e-business system may include hardware, application software, network infrastructure, and e-commerce strategies.
This Final Paper will require you to analyze the E Business of MGM Resorts, the gaming company. It will also prepare you for the process you will encounter in designing and implementing an e-business system.
For the Final Paper in this course, you will create an e-business system report on MGM Resorts.
Create an original 2,000- to 2,500-word report, titled “E-Business System Report for MGM Resorts.
Your Final Paper must cover five main areas, outlined in detail in the Content section below.
Your report must be carefully edited for grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, format, and APA referencing style. The report should include:
• Title page
• Page numbers
• Main headings for each section:
o Information Resources
o System Specification
o Electronic Commerce
o Emerging Trends and Technologies
• Sub-headings as necessary
• In-text citations (not footnotes)
• Reference list (must use at least four outside references in APA format)
Note: The word-length requirement is for the main body of the paper and does not include the Title or Reference pages.
Use the Final Paper Template to organize and format your paper.
Your report must include the following components:
• Provide a brief introduction of the company. Include the company’s name, purpose, number of employees, etc.
• Explain how the business uses the following resources: people, hardware, software, information/data, and network.
• Describe the role of information systems in the particular business.
• Explain how Porter’s Five Forces Model comes into play in the company.
• Explain what functionality you think the employees, customers, suppliers, or other end users need from an e-business system.
• Describe how the e-business system will be utilized.
• Recommend ways the e-business system might be improved to meet the needs of the system stakeholders, and justify your recommendation.
• Describe the e-business system in terms of hardware, application software, operating system, network infrastructure, and pricing comparison.
• Considering the possible combinations of business, consumers, and government, which best describes the company? For example, you might select Business to Business (B2B) or Business to Consumer (B2C). Explain your choice.
• Explain how e-commerce is used in the business.
Emerging Trends and Technologies
• Explain which emerging trends and technologies could be used to improve/enhance the e-business system.
• Explain how you will identify the emerging trends and technologies, and determine their applicability to your system.
You must have at least four acceptable references for the information contained in your paper. The course text cannot count as one of the four references. Wikipedia is NOT an acceptable reference. Blogs and websites that simply present unsupported opinions are not acceptable references. If you have a question on what resources are acceptable or unacceptable references, ask your Instructor for guidance. Instructors will look favorably upon your paper if it has more than the required minimum of references.
In addition to the intellectual content, each paper will be evaluated for clarity of writing and adherence to APA standards.