1.) Abstract Expressionism and MusicState whether you agree or disagree with the perception of Abstract Expressionism as exemplifying individualism
and freedom. Explain the reasons for your views. Compare and contrast one (1) example of Abstract Expressionist visual art to John Cage’s musical
compositions. After reviewing the pages and Websites below, explain how an abstract expressionist artist might respond to the assertion “my kid could
paint that”. Explain your position on that assertion.
Abstract Expressionism and Music
• Chapter 38 (pp. 1255-1263, and 1269), Abstract Expressionism
• Chapter 38 (pp. 1267-1269), Music of Chance
• John Cage, listen and see — “Dream” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fhc3Tbnhsc
• John Cage, listen and see — “4’33’” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7UK-6aaNA&list=PL223147EC2385356B&index=3
“my kid could paint that” views: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/my-kid-could-draw-that/; and
2.) Postmodern Architecture
• Choose one (1) example of architecture that you believe best exemplifies the characteristic post-modern style. Provide a rationale for your
selection, and describe two (2) of the features of post-modern style that you find intriguing.
• Chapter 40 (pp. 1312-1321) for examples of post-modern architecture
Post-modern buildings of renown: https://www.greatbuildings.com/types/styles/post_modern.html