Prepare a report to the Board of Directors of the client organisation covering all of the following points.
Part A – (2500 words)
1. Critically analyse the development of the basic philosophy behind quality management systems, for example, ideas put forward by quality pioneers such as Deming, Crosby and Juran (10 marks).
2. Provide an analysis and recommendation of the main quality improvement tools that the company may use to improve quality (10 marks).
3. Describe the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard and evaluate the application of these within the company as an appropriate quality management system (QMS) (15 marks).
4. Explain what is meant by independent 3rd party certification to the ISO 9001 standard and how organisations can become certified (10 marks).
5. Explain how the ISO 9001 certified QMS can be effectively managed on an ongoing basis, taking account of the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle (PDCA) (5 marks).
Part B – (2500 words)
6. Explain the similarities and differences between the ISO 9001 standard for QMS and the ISO 14001 standard for EMS and, with reference to PAS99, describe how these could be integrated into one complete management system for GB-ACE (10 marks).
7. Discuss how compliance with legislation and regulations can be managed within an ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management System (EMS) (5 marks).
8. Considering the range of activities undertaken by the client, provide an analysis of what you expect their significant environmental aspects may be, including detail on how and where these aspects come about and the nature of their effects on the local and global environment (20 marks).
9. Based on these significant aspects, define some suitable objectives, targets and environmental management programmes that would be relevant to the client (10 marks).
10. Explain what internal auditing arrangements would be required for the ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management System (5 marks).