In this assignment, you are required to read the articles regrading “Corruption, Economic Development and Growth” and
try to answer the following questions:
1. Is corruption always bad for economic development and growth? What are some counter-arguments?
2. Should corruption be seen as “sand in the wheels of prosperity” or “grease for the squeaking wheel of rigid
3. Is corruption more of a “moral/culture issue” or “governance/bureaucracy issue” or “both”?
4. What are some ways of alleviating corruption? To what extent these policies work?
5. Should foreign donors care about corruption in developing countries?
Your written answer should not be more than 600 words. Use very simple grammar and sentences.