Corporate and Personal Ethics
Term Paper/ Research Paper – 20%
Given that this is a class of graduate students, it is in order for students to pick a topic that is relevant to the course and write a term paper on that topic. The first step is identifying a topic that fits the course. Some of the topics that the students can write on are such as:
- History of ethics/corporate ethics/business ethics
- Philosophy of ethics
- Ethical dilemmas
- Ethics and politics
- Ethical issues and globalization
- Conflict of interest and ethical dilemma
- Relationship between ethics and business
- Codes of ethics and its development
- Concept of globalization in international business
- Globalization and multinational organizations
- Corporate governance and ethics
- Corporate citizenship
- Corporate social responsibility.
Term Paper Length and Format
The term paper project should be at least twelve (12) pages in length, typed in standard fonts (e.g. Times New Roman 12) and 1.5 line spacing. Margins of 25 mm all round (top, bottom, right and left) should be used.
The citations of references in the text should be according to the APA style (last name of the author and year of publication). The references should also be listed alphabetically on a separate page at the end of the report using APA style.
Background of the study
Scope of the study
Statement of the problem
Term Paper Due Date
The final term paper should be Spiral Bound and should be submitted before the last session.
Term Paper Marking Scheme
The term paper will be marked and graded as follows