Business and Law
HansdonLtd is an organisation which provides consultancy advice to the sport and physical activity sector. Consultancy for the company includes: human resource projects, wetside projects (i.e. swimming pool safety), dryside projects (i.e. installation of sophisticated equipment). As part of your job as the Hansdon Ltd special projects manager you have produced a list of activities that need to be addressed to source a technological solution for allowing customer admissions to sports facilities. The details are shown in the table provided. Please note: You must use the methodology detailed above table 1 headed“essential methodology”.
Task 1 (40% marks)
1) Draw the network diagram (use activity on the node). (8 marks)
2) Explain how you determined the timing of activities and the total float. (6 marks)
3) Explain how you determined the project duration and the critical path. (6 marks)
4) If the project starts on the Monday 15 April 2013, what is the earliest date it can be completed using a 5 day working week? Assume no other holidays (explain how you calculated the figure). (4 marks)
5) If the following happened what would be the effect on the duration of the whole project? Explain the reasons. (6 marks)
a) Activity Dis delayed1 day.
b) Activity Mis delayed 1 day.
c) Activity Q is completed 1 day early
6) Explain the limitations of Network diagrams. (10