Topic: art analysis exploring the formal elements of ONE work from one of the following collections of art in the Getty museum
1. Read the image as you would read text. Begin on one side and work across, relating what you see, or find the most important part of the image and read from that point. Do not skip around.
2. Describe some important details and/or discuss the materials or methods used to make the artwork.
3. Summarize the overall appearance of the piece.
4. Try to avoid interpretation.
5. Discuss the visual elements: Color, Value, Line, Shape, Form, Texture, Space.
6. Discuss the principles of design: Balance, Proportion, Rhythm, Emphasis, Unity,Contrast, Variety.