Provide a research essay based on the genetic predisposition of a disease state and the biochemical processes that occur in both the normal and diseased states.
- Provide three credible references to support your topic of choice.
Your second task in Part 2 will be to construct a written informative essay. You have chosen a specific condition or disease with a genetic predisposition. In the essay explain the biochemical process that is influenced in addition to describing the genetic patterns of inheritance. By the end of Unit 7, you will need to complete your essay that incorporates the knowledge you have learned in this class and additional research conducted. The essay must include the following:
- Explanation of the genetic consequences of the observed trait or conditions. Compare and contrast the normal and disease states of the condition and the genetic differences.
- Description of how the condition is inherited and the population genetics related to the condition. Explain the relationship between genetic information transfer and the structure of nucleic acids.
- Include a biochemistry review that focuses on the medically applicable concepts and techniques that form the underpinnings of the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of medical conditions.
- Define any genetic testing currently available.