1. What are the three steps of cellular respiration, where do they occur in the cell, and how much ATP is produced at each step (8 points)?
2. Describe how an exergonic reaction can be used to power an endergonic reaction. Be sure to use specific examples from inside the cell.
3. What are the major differences between the cellular structure of a plant cell and of an animal cell? What do both have?
4. Which of the 3 classes of macromolecules are present in the cell membrane? Why are they important to the function of a membrane? Which class of macromolecules is absent? Where is it located?
5. What are the structural levels of a protein? What bonds are involved at each level? Describe how a fully functional protein is structured.
6. Label the partial charges on this amino acid. Which bonds are polar? Which bonds are non-polar? Place a star next to the bond that is the most polar.
Explanation & Answer: 2 pages