Assignment 2: Developmental Stage Observation and Paper
This assignment brings developmental theory to life through live observation. You will have the opportunity to practice making service recommendations for a family based on the developmental prognosis of the individual you observe.
Conduct a forty-five- to sixty-minute live observation of a young adult. In addition to conducting an observation, you may also choose to interview the young adult. Keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Only use first names or pseudonyms in your paper.
- Do not observe someone who is related to you.
- Do not attempt to engage in a counseling role; this assignment strictly involves only observing or interviewing.
Write a 3- to 4-page detailed description of the young adult’s physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development. What would developmental theorists say about the cognitive and the psychosocial development of the young adult? In addition, include the following information:
- Date, time, location, and length of observation
- Age, sex, and race or ethnicity
- Defining physical characteristics
- Estimated socioeconomic status (SES)
- Description of interaction with caregivers
- Daily routine
- Description of other relevant behaviors exhibited during observation
- Any other information