Post-Lab Report #9
Lab Topic 10: Human Genetics (10 points possible) (1 point per question)
1. Briefly describe what a gene is.
2. What is the difference between a genotype and a phenotype?
3. Are dominant traits always more common than recessive traits in any population? Why or why not?
4. Are X-linked recessive traits typically expressed more frequently in human males or in human females? Why is this the case?
5. How is codominance different from incomplete dominance?
6. Is it possible for a mother with type A blood and a father with blood type B to have a child together that has blood type O? Why or why not?
7. Which blood type (A, B, AB or O) is the universal donor?
8. Are all human genetic traits visible to the human eye? Briefly explain your answer.
9. How are Punnett squares helpful in the study of genetics?
10. How are pedigrees helpful in the study of genetics?