Instructions A privately owned island off the coast of Florida has been left to you by the eccentric owner who recently died. The island is large enough for several small communities to be developed. Create a name for your island. You want to start on the right foot by establishing a local government, a judicial system, law enforcement system, and other services typically provided by local and state governments. When setting up a local government, please limit your selection to those styles found in the United States, and avoid dictator, monarchy, or communist systems. For the Unit VII Project, describe the following points:
- the type of local government you would establish (e.g., county, city);
- the form of that government (e.g., township, municipal charter);
- the management system (e.g., commission, mayor, council);
- how leadership positions would be instated (e.g., appointment, election);
- the type of law enforcement and judicial system (how judges are selected) you would put into place; and
- other services typically provided for by local and state governments. Be sure to explain the role of bureaucracies in these services, including how taxes support these services and how those taxes will be collected.
You can mix and match your government, judicial, and law enforcement decisions, but you must fully explain the reasons why you chose the types of systems. You must also address how your government would work with other governments/agencies and in what ways. You can pull concepts from previous readings in this course (not just those assigned in this unit) in order to develop this project. The video tutorial Library Research: An Overview will help you research various aspects of this project. Your project must be at least three full pages in length, not counting the title page and references page. Remember to have an introduction and conclusion to your paper. Library and outside sources are a requirement, and you must use at least three resources to support ideas in your analysis. Avoid conversational tone, and remember that this is an academic assignment, so you must use proper APA Style, grammar, and punctuation.