Determine which of the following observations are testable. For those that are testable:
Determine if the observation is qualitative or quantitative
Write a hypothesis and null hypothesis
What would be your experimental approach?
What are the dependent and independent variables?
What are your controls – both positive and negative?
How will you collect your data?
How will you present your data (charts, graphs, types)?
How will you analyze your data?
1. A plant grows three inches faster per day when placed on a window sill than it does when placed on a on a coffee table in the middle of the living room.
2. The teller at the bank with brown hair and brown eyes is taller than the other tellers.
3. When Sally eats healthy foods and exercises regularly, her blood pressure is 10 points lower than when she does not exercise and eats fatty foods.
4. The Italian restaurant across the street closes at 9 pm but the one two blocks away closes at 10 pm.
5. For the past two days, the clouds have come out at 3 pm and it has started raining at 3:15 pm.
6. George did not sleep at all the night following the start of daylight savings.