In the quote above, Michelangelo describes his creation of a religious symbol. Discuss with your fellow class:
• What art images and symbols do you see presented in religious ceremonies in churches, greeting cards, books, and the visual arts?
• Why do you think that these images have been repeatedly used for centuries?
• What ways have you used these images or seen them presented in your community?
Answer the following questions in this weeks paper.
• What images do you notice that are repeatedly used for cultural and traditional celebrations?
• Share some traditional images that you have seen used in your community or family year after year for celebrations.
• Do you think they should change or remain the same? Why?
• What is the art and cultural value?
Explain how these images are the same or how they are different to represent cultural or traditional celebrations.