Radio Frequency Identification
1. RFID (Radio Frequency Identification). During the last decade or so a popular trend in Production and Operations Management has been the adoption of RFID, especially in Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Retail companies. Select a company and discuss their RFID adoption project. Discuss the success and/or challenges the company has faced so far, why the company has decided to engaged in an RFID effort, and brief details on the company’s plan (i.e. timeline, end goal, etc…). In the DocSharing section is a special lecture note I put together around RFID. You may view this to learn more about RFID, and leverage this as a resource. I’ll also review this during Week 3 of class.
2. Globalization. Another popular trend we all know too well is “globalization.” There are two types of globalization in general: global market (selling a product/service to multiple countries) and/or globalized production (leveraging advantages of different countries to purchase materials and/or assemble products and services). Select a company and discuss the company’s use of globalized production. Discuss the success and/or challenges the company has faced so far, why the company has decided to engaged in globalized production, and brief details on the company’s plan (i.e. timeline, end goal, etc…). In the DocSharing section is a special lecture note I put together around globalization. You may view this to learn more about globalization, and leverage this as a resource. I’ll also review this during Week 3 of class.
3. Operations as a Competitive Advantage. Many companies benefit from an effective and efficient operations approach, however, there are fewer companies that truly rely on their Production & Operations Management as a competitive advantage. One notable example is WalMart! WalMart’s “Everyday Low Prices” is feasible in large part thanks to their Operatons excellence. Select a company and discuss the company’s operation model that acts as a competitive advantage (i.e. unique in the industry, sets them apart, etc..). You cannot select WalMart. Describe the competitive advantage. What does this company do that allows their operations process to set them apart. Why is it a competitive advantage?
Below is how you should structure the paper:
1. Cover Page
2. Table of Contents
3. Major components (including an introduction on your topic, brief description of company, research and analysis, examples, etc..). Any use of illustrations, charts, and/or graphics included here (optional).
4. Reference page (minimum of three references). Remember your textbook can count as one reference!
The paper must be written in APA format and contain at least 4-pages in the main component section. 10-point font. Times New Roman font type. Double space. Regular margins (i.e. no larger than 1 inch margins).
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE, TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU